TWO MUKHI (OVAL) RUDRAKSH
The controlling planet is Moon and the deity is Ardha Nareshwar. Wearing two mukhi Rudraksha frees one from the sin of “Cow Slughter”. As per padmapuran, this Rudraksha is blessed by Agni hence absolves the wearer from any type of sin. The worshiper is also known to get such benefits which are normally attained through yagnas, homas or Agnihotra. According to our epics a demon named Adi, assuming the form of Parvati, tried to entice Shiva who realising the ruse killed him. But the real Parvati seeing Shiva with another women become furious. Firstly she cursed Nandi Shiva’s vehicle, as he was asked to keep a watch so that no one enters her sanctum, thereafter Nandi became heartless cold stone forever. Parvati still at rage tried to commit suicide, but Brahma stopped her and took away her dark form of anger and fierceness and incarnated into Goddess Kali. Lord Brahma blessed her saying “You and your husband shall stay so close that you will melt into each other, becoming one person and will be known as Ardhanareshwar – half man & half women. The round shape two mukhi Rudraksh is rare, hence costly. Price is about 25 to 35 times of an oval shape rudraksh. However oval shape two mukhi Rudraksh gives almost same benefit as that by round one.
Two Mukhi Rudraksh is useful for good family life, good relationship with all people and to get married. In fact it is known to bring in unity of all kinds – between friends, husband & wife, father & son or buyer & seller. It is used for material gains as well as to attain nirvana & moksha. It is also known as “Dev-Dev” in view of its spiritual & material characteristics. By wearing Two Mukhi Rudraksh one can get cured from diseases of the left eye, kidney and intestines, respiratory diseases, heart disease. It also solves problems like lack of harmony in relationship. People seeking happiness, material gains & spiritually inclination & aspiring for moksha should wear / worship it. It is also useful in begetting children.
In simple words following can be said about checking Two Mukhi Rudraksh :-
1. A good and perfectly matured rudraksh should sink in water but this does not mean that all rudraksha that do not sink in water are fake. Minute check for the lines or the joints before coming to a conclusion is required.
A genuine Two Mukhi Rudraksh can also float in water if there is a hole in it & when air is trapped or if the beads has been dehydrated due to aging. There are some variety of genuine rudraksh whose density is not enough to make it sink or which have been plucked from tree before maturity. Therefore this test has limitation and could not lead to final word.
2. Rotating the bead between two copper coins is also not a correct test, any bead having surface like that of rudraksh and having groves and ups and downs can rotate in this condition.
3. Test like seeing whether the milk in which a bead is immersed does not ferment or the bead comes to the top automatically when kept in bag full of grains are not correct.
4. Proper examination of the bead by own eye is the best method available for which one does not have to be an expert. Do not buy a round 1 mukhi even if it is available covered with a skin or with leaves or accept it if given free. Do not buy a Gourishankar having flat end to end joint. The groove in a Gourishankar should join from inside.
5. In case of a doubt, a destructive test by cutting the seed horizontally and counting the seed inside will offer a conclusive proof. The number of seeds should be equal to the number of lines. Here again it is absolutely necessary to understand if the seed inside is not fully developed then you will see only a point or an empty compartment instead of a seed. This type of test can be useful for seeds up to 10 mukhi. Beads of higher mukhi should be examined and tested using special skill and counter checking using CT scan technique.
Some of the non destructive test like X-ray or CT scan can be indicative, but the methods are not perfected as of now and hence cannot be accepted as proof. This test can be done correctly for beads up to 8 mukhis. But beyond that it may require patience and skill to count the internal seeds or additional checking using detailed visual inspection. It may not give 100% accurate result due to the overlapping of the internal seeds and therefore this technique needs to be further refined and developed as this is the only non destructive procedure to verify the number of mukhis. X-ray from different angles may help to count the inner seeds. CT scanning is the other way to help, but it is very expensive. One needs to engage an expert for this purpose whose visual check might be correct.
6. Boiling in water for a minimum of two hours shall bring out whether the bead is created using an artificial joint and remain uniform in colour even after the boiling process.
7. Always follow the guidelines to procure perfect beads which are not damaged, have hard body, have thorny yet smooth surface and have natural hole.
8. Predominant etching of OM, Shivling or Trishul should indicate that it is spurious. Although in some genuine bead such etching occurs, but in a very natural and merging manner.
MANTRA TO BE RECITED IS AS FOLLOWS :-
Om Nahah ( Shiva Puran ) or Om Namah Shivaya
Submit your review